- OmniPage 5.1 ($89.00, Staples)
- Forms are scanned in and then converted to digitally amendable forms on my computer
- We configured the forms so that my information is stored and automatically entered into the form without the need for duplication of data entry.
- My staff enters the patient demographic data and insurance information
- I enter the diagnosis and code (if I know the code off hand) and the procedures and CPT codes (if I know them off hand).
- The form is saved in the "OR scheduling directory" and the patients chart
- We then "print to efax" and the form is faxed directly from desktop to OR scheduling office
We just began doing it and the increase in efficiency is readily apparent. Plus, I enjoy home grown solutions, though hat tip to Sunrise Urology for the OmniPage tip.