Monday, December 17, 2007

Results of my survey

I just sent a survey to an admittedly un-scientific sample of my patients, yet the results were interesting. The survey, sent to 24 patients selected at random, asked respondants 9 questions relating to the practice, the patient's experience here, and asked for suggestions for improvement. Here is a preliminary result that I'd like to share with you, as I find it interesting.

  • 16 out of 24 respondants stated that email was their preferred method to communicate with the doctor or staff, and this was not age dependent.
  • 24 out of 24 respondants stated that they had NO concerns regarding email security.
  • 24 out of 24 would refer me to a friend or famlily member.

Interesting. I am not sure what it means, but I believe that:
  • HIPAA is perhaps a bit overblown.
  • People want to communicate by email.
  • I'm pretty awesome.

I plan to send more surveys to try to get some real scientific data with hope of publishing it here on my blog.

Until then,
The IU.