Sometimes the group thing just does not work out and people find themselves with no other option than going solo. Follow these essential rules and you'll land on your feet.
- Determine your short term intermediate, and long term goals and list in backwards order how you plan to attain each of them.
- Leave your old practice on good terms, this will only serve to help you in the future and trust me, you WILL need them in the future.
- Develop a plan to attract your old patients, so long as it does not ruin your relationship with the old office, and separate plan to attract new patients.
- Organize all credentialing material and higher someone, even per diem, to assist you with credentialing.
- Look for an office or sublease on a temporary basis.
- Go electronic, even a web-based ASP model for an EMR and PM/scheduling system.
- Get a website, just don't pay a lot for it.
- Get a blog and start posting to it.
- Look for staff (personally, I recommend Craig's List.)
- Get a phone and answer it 24/7.