- Schedule patient, office staff gets some clinical information
- Appropriate clinical templates are pre-loaded by me or staff into notes prior to patient arrival
- I review the templates and pre-order labs, studies, and prescriptions as I see fit
- When patient arrives, I perform the encounter and do my doctoring
- I then determine if pre-ordered tests and prescriptions are still appropriate
- Finally I complete the documentation, sign note, and on to the next patient.
The entire process now takes under 5 minutes and is much less stressful.
When you get an EMR, you must change your work processes to adapt.