In November I started a new approach to no shows. I call it the the ACP--Aggressive Confirmation Protocol. My no-show rates has since plummeted to essentially zero.
Here's how it works:
- Monday and Tuesday confirmation begin to happen on Wednesday of the previous week and continue through Friday evening.
- Tuesday continues through Monday.
- Wednesday starts Monday and continues through Tuesday.
- Thursday starts Monday and continues through Wednesday.
- Friday starts Tuesday and continues through Friday.
Confirmations attempts come by phone and elecronic communication.
We don't stop until we get a live person.
A bit aggressive? Yes.
Potentially annoying to clients? Maybe.
Effective at reducing no shows? Absolutely.
Try it out and let me know how it goes.