Thursday, July 18, 2019

Let's catch up



It has been a while since I wrote about independent practice.  What can I say?  I've been busy.  Very busy.  That is a good thing. 

It has been 13 years and a few months and I enjoy solo practice as much as I did on day one, even more so. 

The early years were tough.

Lean.

Now is good.

Phone rings non-stop.  I had added 13,000 plus patients to my practice and I am really appreciated.

I have built the practice I have always wanted but never thought I could have.

I have a solid sub-specialty practice in male infertility, have a vasectomy center, do vasectomy reversals in-office and I have client depositor sperm bank. 

How many other urologists have that in Suffolk County?  Zero.  Nassau County? Zero.  New York State?  Zero.

Am I proud of this?  Hell yeah!

I have a strong referral base of independent docs, like me, who have resisted acquisition for all these years.  They ain't going anywhere.

The majority of my patients come from professional referral, word of mouth referral & web.

I do advocacy work for https://nysurologicalsociety.org/  on their exec committee and I am the President of the http://www.scms-sam.org/index3.html

It is all good.

Lov'in it.

The IU.