Friday, March 09, 2007

I have a project that I want your help with.

Here is the problem:

I have 3 forms forms that patients must read and sign: The HIPAA compliance form, the e-mail usage consent form, and the Patient Information Form. I need the patients to sign all 3 forms, and to complete the patient demographic form with things like name, address, phone number, insurance info, etc. These forms comprise a total of 4 pages, which is 4 too many.

Here is what I want:

I want to have the signature on file and to have the information from the demographic form automatically placed into unique, searchable fields within a database, only I don't want to design the database. In addition, any software or hardware I use must be inexpensive and mass produced. I am open to purchasing a Tablet PC, if no other ideas are better.

I am turning to the collective power of the entire internet community to help me.

Please email any responses directly to me at rich@drschoor.com or via posted reply at this blog. If you can't help, please forward a link to this site to anyone who may be able to help.

This is a grand experiment. I believe it may be the first of it's kind. We'll call it the World Wide Practice Manager.

Thanks,

The Independnent Urologist.