As a result of my own lab inspection, I have been able to re-think operational systems for not only my lab, but for my general office as well, and since the inspection, I have been busy defining and refining these systems on paper for the goal of achieving COLA accreditation and also, to make my urology office function better, more efficiently, and with fewer errors. Here are a few processes I have defined that occur daily in my office and lab.
- Data Entry Procedures
- Patient Verification Processes
- Patient Entrance and Exit Processes
- Specimen Cup Labeling Systems
- Test Reporting Systems
- Test Result Tracking Procedures
- Test Ordering Procedures
- Specimen Collection Procedures
- Back-up and Data Recovery Systems
- Instrument Sterilization Processes
- Error Reporting Procedures
- Quality Assurance Processes
- Quality Control Processes
Thanks, the IU.