But please do not misinterpret my impression of VONAGE, which is this. It is an absolutely fabulous system. If I had to do it all again, I would pick VONAGE again, and again, and again. In fact, I kept my third VONAGE line, which I have in my house as another office line.
Here are some of the great features of VONAGE.
- Cost: cheap
- Simulring: I found this feature indispensable. As far as I know, only VONAGE has it.
- Portability: Just re-locate the router
- Caller ID: many phones have this, but not as good as VONAGE's. Trust me.
- Call tracking: ALL inbound and outbound calls are logged. Other's services have this as well, but not quite as good as VONAGE.
- Voice Mail-Email notification: This came in handy once in a while.
- Network availability: great feature. If your internet goes down, VONAGE automatically forwards to a number of your choosing.
- Others that I did not need, but are really cool. Go to the site.
Here are the disadvantages:
- Unreliable: let me add a caveat. It is really only unreliable if the VONAGE routers are in line with other routers and switches, in my experience. My home VONAGE works fine.
- Technical support: Only by phone, so if you have a major issue, your SOL. For minor issues, their phone support is OK.
- Dropped calls: I had lots, but I think this had to do with my set-up, and not really with VONAGE per se. My home VONAGE phones does not drop.
That's it. In summary, I liked VONAGE and still do. I can contribute lots of my success to their ingenuity. Over 19 months, I never missed one call. Not one. I would recommend them to any small business.
Thanks for listening,