I know I have written previously about how to start a practice from the embryo stage on up, but here it is again, parred down to its bare essentials:
- Get or develop a detailed business plan that will serve as a blueprint.
- Get a mentor or coach or other such trusted adviser.
- Get credentialed with insurances, hospitals, et al.
- Get professional liability insurance.
- Get a phone number.
- Get a web-presence.
- Get office-space; sublease, lease, or purchase depending on your unique situation.
- Get a good EMR-PM system.
- Get a payroll service (also does statutory insurances for small businesses).
- Get an employee.