Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I am leaving medicine because of ObamaCare. NOT!

While many things make it challenging to maintain a solo, indendent practice, "ObamaCare" isn't really one of them.  So when I hear things like health providers leaving health care as a result of "ObamaCare" I have to laugh.  What a joke.  I find it hard to believe that "ObamaCare" had anything to do with their problems or that it was even the straw that broke the camel's back.

What is difficult about independent practice?  Let me count the ways.

  • Competition for patients
  • IT costs
  • Compliance with federal, state, and local laws
  • Human resource management
  • Paying bills
  • Getting paid
  • Managing cash flow
  • Managing the phones
and virtually anything else that has to do with running a small business. 

 "ObamaCare" is no where in this list.

I would like people to stop blaming "ObamaCare" for what are likely their own shortcomings.  

The IU.