Here is what to do:
- Get the ICD-10 code set. You can either buy it or get it free here.
- Familiarize yourself with the codes.
- Watch some videos on Youtube--there are tons and some great ones even.
- Take 5 charts per week and code them using ICD-10.
How do you actually find the codes?
- The diagnoses are found in the index which then tells the coder where to find the code itself
- The specifics of each code, exclusions, additions, etc, are located in the tabular section.
Is not rocket science.