These are difficult economic times. People are losing their jobs, their homes. . .everything. For many others like me, "country club" dreams have vanished and mere survival has become the goal. In times like this, times that I think are only going to get worse before they get better, every little bit counts. As a solo physician, here are some things you can do to maximize your chances at surviving through the coming months.
- Answer your phones 24/7.
- Invest money or time in smart, cost effective marketing techniques.
- Invest in technology that enables you and staff to work smarter and less.
- Be in-network. People just don't have the money now for out of network providers.
- Focus on what you do best and refer out or outsource the rest.
- Do CME, learn new things, and incorporate them into your practice.
- Know your metrics inside and out.
- Re-examine your long-range vision & refine your short term goals.
- Back-word plan to achieve goals.
- Keep staff happy and turnover low.