I suppose that these criteria--the ones that I used--are as good as any out there.
- Listen over a 2 year period to see what others are using and what their experiences have been.
- Check the KLAS reports.
- Check the CCHIT lists
- Check the state medical society lists.
- Define your own needs.
- Call the top 10 vendors and see who answers the phone. If they don't even answer for a sales call or get back to you promptly, you can forget about customer service and support.
- Set up appointments to demo the systems.
- Get references.
- Contact the references and ask what they don't like about the systems.
- Pull the trigger and make the purchase or continue the search.