Friday, June 01, 2007

More on answering the phone after-hours.


I know I risk sounding like a broken record, but it seems that 2-3 times a week I am rewarded just for answering the phone. Here are 2 of the latests successes:
  • Last night a woman called at 7:45 PM to enquire about getting her husband an appointment for a vasectomy. The call was forwarded to my vonage line at home, which I anwered while trying to put my girls to bed, and booked the patient.
  • A patient was given the numbers of 2 urologists for a vasectomy, me and another, established urologist. The patient called the established urologist first, but they did not answer the phone. He then called me, we answered, and I did the vasectomy yesterday. Not only that, he had such a good experience in my office, he let me know that he would tell others to come to me.

Answer the phones. It is really that important.

The IU.