Thursday, April 12, 2007

Need new patients? Give a talk.


You don't need to be good at public speaking to give an effective talk that will result in new patient business. Often, a talk to 2 or 3 people can result in new patients. A well respected, reconstructive urologist I know used to say that he would get more business from taking out and speaking to 3 doctors than when speaking at a national meeting. I don't know about that. I think the more, the better.
My chiropractor friend has found success speaking on health food store symposiums to as few as 5 people. I have given many talks and have not had great success with increasing new patient business, though I have had some success. I still do it because there really is little downside to doing public speaking, other than my time and some pride.
Here are some good venues:
--Support Group Meetings
--Grand Rounds
--In Office Seminars
--Local Medical Society Meetings