People can slip through the cracks easily.
- Patients can walk out of the office with their encounter forms or charge slips.
- The office staff can forget to give them a follow-up appointment.
- Patients can call to cancel an appointment, intend to re-schedule, then forget to do so.
- Patients can no-show.
- Staff can forget to put the patient on the recall list.
- Staff can put the wrong patient on the recall list.
- The doctor can get forget to write the order for the test or the follow-up.
- The doctor can forget to click on the order or the request for follow-up.
- Handwriting can be illegible.
- The computer can crash.
- Murphy can and will show up.
In a doctor's office, this can be dangerous.
The only way to prevent Murphy from walking into your medical office is to have multiple and redundant checks and balances.
How do you do it?