Friday, September 12, 2008

A Weekend With The Boys

I'm taking the weekend off and I'm going to my Alma Mater, The University of Maryland College Park. The weekend plan seemed to come out of nowhere, but actual was made possible by Facebook.
Beginning in August, someone from my college mentioned this weekend as the TERP reunion weekend on Facebook and due to speed of information dispersal over the net, over 100 guys that I went to school replied, excitement grew and the party is going to be tremendous. It's going to be a great time.

As a solo urologist, I have some challenges to overcome so that I can go. One, I had to get coverage. This was easy and I arranged it with a local urologist whom I cover on a prn basis.

The next challenge is how to balance being in touch with being away. I plan to use voicemail and email as my predominate means of communicating; text message as well.

The next challenge is family. This was more difficult than office coverage and well, costly.

See ya next week.